1. Should I choose wireless or wired internet?
- Wired: A wired connection may result in a stronger internet connection but you will need to run ethernet cables to each cardio unit. (Note: wired internet is only available on Discover and 70T console configurations.)
- Wireless: A strong wireless network can work just as well and you do not need to run cables to each cardio unit.
2. What network hardware do I need?
Your IT department, Internet Service Provider, many retailers or Life Fitness can provide the necessary hardware to set up your network.
- For a wired network, you need: A switch with the equal or greater number of ports than the
number of cardio units. This distributes the internet evenly to each cardio unit via ethernet cables.
- For a wireless network, you need:
- 1 access point to broadcast the signal for every 8 Discover consoles or 1 access point per 20 units for all other console types. (Mounted on the ceiling near the cardio).
- A Power over Ethernet (POE) switch. This distributes the
signal and power out to the access points.
3. What internet provider should I choose?
Choose the provider that offers the best internet signal and service in your area. The same internet provider for your office or public access WiFi can provide internet for your cardio equipment. Life Fitness can give you contact information for reliable providers if you need them.
4. What internet package should I choose?
For Discover or 70T consoles we recommend 1 mbps download per cardio unit. But consider what other devices require internet in your facility such as computers, guest networks and TVs. You may need to increase download bandwidth accordingly. Consult with your Internet Service provider on which package they recommend based on number of cardio units and other devices accessing your network.
5. How do I get usage data, software updates, maintenance alerts and customization options for my cardio equipment when connected to my network?
Once the cardio is connected to your network, sign up for an account on Halo.Fitness. Add one base serial number to your account and the rest of the units on the same network should all appear on your account.